SARAH CARROLL HAMAUEI, MD
Dr. Sarah Hamauei, a Louisiana native, moved to Shreveport after completing her undergraduate education at LSU in Baton Rouge. She received degrees in both Psychology and Microbiology upon graduation. She then attended LSUHSC School of Medicine in Shreveport, where she completed her residency in Family Medicine in 2009.
She began seeing patients with addiction in 2010, and since then has become board certified in Addiction Medicine.
Dr. Hamauei is also a consultant for multiple facilities throughout North Louisiana. She is currently the consulting addictionologist for Healthy Blue, one of Louisiana’s Medicaid providers. Dr. Hamauei also volunteers her time as an opioid expert for the state’s response plan and was an author on the paper “Recommendations for Addressing the Opioid Epidemic in Louisiana”. On the state level, she hopes to influence change to move Louisiana to the forefront of effective addiction healthcare.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine by ABFM (American Board of Family Medicine)
- Board Certified in Addiction Medicine by ABPM (American Board of Preventive Medicine)
- Board Certified in Addiction Medicine by ABAM (American Board of Addiction Medicine)
- Diplomate, American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, Louisiana Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, Louisiana State Medical Society
- Member, Shreveport Medical Society